Subject: Re: turning sendmail into a symlink
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/14/1998 09:21:28
In article <>,
	Lucio de Re <> writes:
> If software does not include itself a mechanism to use an alternative
> "transport" ...

That's not true. My mail prefered program has a runtime configuration
option to use another MTA but the default is "/usr/sbin/sendmail"
as specified in "/usr/include/paths.h". But I really don't want that
every user has to reconfigure the program to get it working. And I
neither want to recompile all the programs.

> ... then one would assume it _requires_ the real thing.

Programs only require a mailer frontend which understands some standard
options like "-oi", "-oem" or "-t".

Matthias Scheler