Subject: Re: turning sendmail into a symlink
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/08/1998 10:40:43
> [...], and if you want multiple programs that expect a
> /usr/sbin/sendmail to work you have to have some mechanism here.

Why should that be a stumbling block?  We already decommitted support
for the de-facto standard (/usr/lib/sendmail, for those wondering what
I'm talking about); what would losing /usr/sbin/sendmail really lose
us?  The sendmail that other programs have any business caring about
(the one they exec to send mail, as opposed to the one run at boot time
to act as the SMTP and queue push daemons) belongs in /usr/libexec
anyway, as I read hier(7).

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca