Subject: Re: turning sendmail into a symlink
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/06/1998 10:01:50
On 05 Dec 1998 12:32:45 -0500  "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> integrating in addition to sendmail for 1.4), I am proposing that
> /usr/sbin/sendmail turn into a symlink to /usr/sbin/sendmail.real

+ /usr/sbin/sendmail should be configurable in some manner
- /usr/sbin/sendmail.real is an awkward name

I would prefer to see sendmail.bsd become a package, so I don't have
to manually remove it.  One of the consequences of replacing sendmail
is that you tend not to track security problems quite so closely, and
leaving old sendmail binaries around is bad. :-)

Giles