Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.3.2 Y2K problem
To: NG Yew Ban <ybng@cpm.com.my>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/06/1998 02:10:17
"NG Yew Ban" writes:
> Dear Mr. Perry,
>
> For more info about the NSTL, you can access to
> http://www.nstl.com/html/ymark_2000.html
> I can reproduce the problem easily.

1) Can you tell me if there are any console warnings during boot about
the date?
2) Can you tell me the exact date in 1997 the machine resets to?
3) There is a new version of i386/isa/clock.c (v1.53) in tonight's SUP
(or at least, will be in a few hours after the sup scanner runs). It
may (or may not) fix a bug. Can you substitute this for your clock.c
and tell me if the problem goes away when you build a kernel?

Perry