Subject: Re: small hack
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <root@ihack.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/24/1998 14:22:12
FWIW, I think it's pretty hoaky (and always have) that we distribute
things like binutils, with no Texinfo reader for the documentation.
The man pages are all fine and dandy, but it's well known that they're
not the real documentation, do not contain all of the information, and
are often out of date.

This is not to say that I particularly like have gtexinfo in the base
system, or especially having 3 different documentation systems
(man/mandoc, .me/.ms, and Texinfo).  In fact, I'd say it positively
sucks.  I'd much rather integrate something like DocBook and have a
consistent documentation format for everything.

But, it's better than nothing.

It'd be really nice if people seriously looked at integrating DocBook.