Subject: Re: small hack
To: None <perry@piermont.com, tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Brian C. Grayson <bgrayson@marvin.ece.utexas.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/22/1998 22:47:49
On Tue, Sep 22, 1998 at 06:24:54PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> In doing some testing a couple of days ago, I needed something to
> randomly shuffle a list of files. Unfortunately, jot didn't seem to do
> what I wanted, so I wrote the following tiny program.

  Rather than creating a whole new (albeit small) program,
would this be better as an option to random(6) (from the games
distribution)?  random(6) already prints out random lines (from
stdin), but does not avoid repetition.

  Brian
--
  Lou B: "What do you call a fly that has lost its wings?  A walk."
  Rick:  (pause)..."I don't get it."