Subject: daily/weekly/monthly scripts don't DTRT with Subject:
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@netbsd.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/14/1998 00:44:15
The /etc/{daily,weekly,monthly} all do something like
	echo "Subject: $host daily run output"
at the top.

However, close examination of the resultant mail message
(sent by cron as something like:
    /etc/daily | mail -s "`/bin/hostname` daily output" root
) results in two subject lines; the second one (generated
by the echo) actually in the body of the message.

I don't really think the second subject line is that useful
as it stands.

To fix, we should either remove the echo "Subject: ..." from the
relevant scripts, or do something like:
- add support for emailto=foo in /etc/{daily,weekly,monthly.conf}
- add ``echo "To: $emailto"' and ``echo ""'' to top of
  relevant scripts (emailto defaults to ``root'' if not set)
- change crontab from ``|mail -s "...." root'' to ``|sendmail -t''

Comments/objections to me doing the latter?