Subject: Re: THREAD SAFETY section
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Guenther Grau <Guenther.Grau@bk.bosch.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/10/1998 19:46:49
Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> As part of the userland threads project, I want to start adding a
> section at the bottom of all section 3 man pages on the thread safety
> of the function in question. My strawman is something like:
>
> THREAD SAFETY
>      The foo() and bar() functions are thread safe. The baz() function
>      is not thread safe.
>
> Suggestons? Thoughts?

Sounds great to me, except that it should be near the top, like
on Solaris, so it doesn't easily get overlooked, but this is
probably just personal taste. So, I am happy if the thread safety
behaviour does get mentioned at all in our man pages! :-)

  Guenther

P.S.: And thinking about the name of the section, I even like it
more than Solaris' MT-Level, which might not be that clear and obvious.