Subject: Re: bin/5904: telnetd does not skip ttyv*
To: Zdenek Salvet <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/05/1998 06:48:52
On 05-Aug-98 Zdenek Salvet spoke unto us all:
#  a screen number. Such change is already present for OpenBSD:
#
# #ifndef __OpenBSD__
#      vtprefix = "/dev/ttyv";
# #else
#      vtprefix = "/dev/ttyC";
# #endif
#

Maybe I'm missing something here.. but if you are suggesting we use ttyC as the
console.. you may run aground of alphas that use ttyC as com ports..

<rant warning>
IMHO however.. this is broken.  The different ports shouldnt have different
ttyC's and ttyE's for comport names, they should all be the same and invisible
to the user..

same with the console ports..  Pick something, and make it the same across all
architectures.. I don't care what machine I have, the console should be at
/dev/foo.
<rant over>

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net