Subject: Re: bin/5904: telnetd does not skip ttyv*
To: None <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 08/05/1998 03:42:45
> This is needed in order to find the device filename of free virtual
> screen from a screen number.

Aha. That is a legitimate thing to want.

> Such change is already present for OpenBSD:

Hmm. Apparently *BSD introduced the concept of conflicting with the 97th
pty.

> I would prefer to have some logic to detect /dev/ttyC* vs. /dev/ttyv*,
> like following (for wscons):

I guess I'm not familiar enough with some of those macros to understand
your code snippet, but it looks like you are moving the device name into
a header file where it can be decided at configure/make time. This works
for me. Especially if the configure system fetches the major device number
from a header file and runs a find(1) in /dev to get the device names.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com