Subject: Re: lpd and filter programs
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/26/1998 09:02:22
>     Luser-editable net-wide mounts
> 	/net/joeblow/mandelbrot-pictures, /net/shells/new-bash

/net/shells/new-bash?  That's not going to be usable for what it looks
as though it's intended for until getusershell() is scrapped.  (I've
never understood it.  When it showed up I thought it was supposed to be
a fix for the newline-in-a-shell bug, even though that one is better
fixed other ways.  But everyone seems to use it for "is this user a
real user", without ever thinking about what "real user" means, and
with no way for me-the-sysadmin to specify that, say, "anything in
/local/shells/bin is considered OK, as are joe and mary regardless of
what shells they may have".)

					der Mouse