Subject: Re: lpd and filter programs
To: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/23/1998 00:30:08
I think the problem is that lpr may be evil, but it is the evil that
we know.

I've often thought, btw, that the whole printing suite needed to be
burned down and replaced, including a from-scratch protocol
design. And no, the IPP stuff in the IETF is crap. (We keep trying to
point this out to them but they never listen. Someone with taste has
to build a new protocol.)

.pm