Subject: Re: Shared object "" not found
To: None <>
From: Guenther Grau <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/21/1998 17:30:08 wrote:
> > I think it would be better to enhance the ELD so that it
> > could consult /var/run/ (like a.out ports do) unless
> > -R/-rpath is specified. Then one can move libraries without
> > relinking apps.
> Hm, not sure I agree to the solution, although I can sympatize
> with the desire for flexibility.
> There are existance proofs that other ELF systems can make do
> without a cache.  Someone else told me earlier that HP-UX has a tool
> (ld in HP-UX case, if I remember correctly) which can re-target the

I only know of chatr.

zeus% uname -a
HP-UX zeus B.10.20 A 9000/778 2015713137 two-user licenseto shared
zeus% man chatr
      chatr - change program's internal attributes
           -l library     Indicate that the specified shared library is
                          subject to run-time path lookup if directory
                          lists are provided (see +s and +b).
[...other options concernign this deleted...]