Subject: Re: Awk change in 1.3.2 (follow up)
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/02/1998 21:53:50
Terry Moore said:

>> awk is in no way i386-specific, so it doesn't belong on port-i386.
>> I've set replies to current-users, tho' tech-user might be better.
>
>Thanks.  Perhaps tech-user is better, because this doesn't really
>have anything to do with current, either.  So following your advice,
>let's move what remains of this to tech-user.

Slightly off-topic, but as of NetBSD 1.3, flex/lex still doesn't
properly build lexyy.c in awk.research from the 4.4-lite CD.

In the past, others have claimed that it compiled out of the box,
and suggested using "lex -l". As far as I can tell it still doesn't
work. As far as I can tell flex ain't lex...
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com	    rmk@tencats.rmkhome.com
                http://tencats.rmkhome.com