Subject: Re: making pkgsrc patch sets (was: pkg/5617: Apache-1.3.0 packag
To: Ross Harvey <ross@teraflop.com>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 06/22/1998 16:46:25
On 22-Jun-98 Ross Harvey spoke unto us all:
# > From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@amdahl.com>
# > ...
# Have you ever actually seen this problem?  Or is this just hypothetical?
#

Actually.. he is right about imake.  I have, on multiple occasions, seen imake
blow up on a file called "unix.c" because it uses cpp to dig through template
files to come up with make targets, and will come back with:

don't know how to make 1.c

It is indeed, highly annoying..  But the question I have to ask is, did this
*ever* work.  Obviously either some vendor has fixed thier Imake so it does,
(something like undefining unix right at the start of the imake defs might do
it) or this guy didn't design his application under unix.  (???)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.net
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html