Subject: Re: pkg/5366: py-Numeric PLIST has unnecessary dirrm entry
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/27/1998 10:37:41
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <>,
> 	Jaromir Dolecek <> writes:
> > In python package's PLIST-md.{shared|static}, there is explicit
> > @unexec rm -rf %D/lib/python1.5
> What a clumsy hack. But you are right it'll work.

It's about the best one can do -- people might install some modules
themselves, not via packages.

As I think about it, maybe it would be better to not do the rm -rf
and let pkg_delete barf on the extra files -- so user/installer
will be notified there are some extra files one need to remove/whatever.

> BTW: why are you ignoring my "Reply-To"?

I'm NOT ignoring it ;) I've correctly replied to
(besides I though it got through, but
it seems it hasn't :(

Jaromir Dolecek <>
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.