Subject: Re: pkg/5356: package system documentation is not simple or thorough enough
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@t.dk>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/24/1998 16:13:38
On Fri, 24 Apr 1998, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:

: So. I have been thinking about creating packages the same way that some
: of the GNU programs in tree are now built, ie. 'shadowing'.

: Comments?

See the following examples which use this method:
    pkgsrc/security/rsaref/files/Makefile
    pkgsrc/devel/libg++/files/Makefile

Those are "reachover" style Makefiles that make installing these packages
easier.  Additionally, libg++ installs the proper profiled, shared, PIC, and
static libraries as defined by /etc/mk.conf, and only lists those libraries
in PLIST.  (See pkgsrc/devel/libg++/Makefile:post-install.)  I'm going to
change rsaref to do the same.