Subject: apparent dependency of pkgsrc/mk/*.mk on NetBSD-current...
To: NetBSD Userlevel Technical Discussion List <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/18/1998 14:40:15
I was surprised to find that it would seem the pkgsrc collection's new
"private" mk/*.mk files are dependent on share/mk/*.mk changes only
available in NetBSD-current.  This makes it impossible for a "release"
user to download the pkgsrc collection and build tools from it, even
though pkgsrc now includes its own mk files (actually only the 'install'
fails at the moment -- the download, patch, and build work OK).

I probably don't have enough time or incentive to "fix" this properly
and send-pr it (esp. since I do have a daily -current tree I can point
make at with '-I', and that seems to work), but I thought I should point
it out here.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@acm.org>      <robohack!woods>