Subject: Re: NetBSD Packages ?
To: Stephane Engel <steph@darh.ensta.fr>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/17/1998 12:09:29
On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, Stephane Engel wrote:
> 1st one and easy one : as far as you wrote .../pkgsrc/mk/mk.conf.example
>   I thing It missing something quite interesting for European people, like
>   you and me ;-) :
> # MASTER_SITE_XCONTRIB+=
> # MASTER_SITE_GNU+=
> # MASTER_SITE_PERL_CPAN+=
> # MASTER_SITE_TEX_CTAN+=
> # MASTER_SITE_SUNSITE+=
>
> or something similar with s/MASTER/MIRROR/ and some modification of bsd.pkg.mk
> so we can fetch from close mirror ftp site .

I think this would make a lot of sense. Can you provide us with values
for these variables?

> 2nd Q. : I'm working on adding some moudules to Apache (like php and mod_perl)
> Do you thing, It's better to make different subtree for each modules (but
> it will be hard to have more than one module) or to make a big Makefile
> with a lot of #ifdef ?

Make 'em single packages, that can be installed/upgraded seperately.
Look at what FreeBSD does/how the do it.

> 3nd and last Q. : mysql FreeBSD pkg almost build out of the box under NetBSD
> but what should be the default database directory (they use /var/db/mysql) ?

Hum, AFAIK there's already someone working on a mysql package... i told
him to sync his work w/ the FreeBSD port, we'll see what comes out.

For the default database dir... i don't know. Maybe looking at postgres
gives some hints? (Someone else please answer here X-)

> I hope I didn't borrow too much of your time ;-)

Not really. :) But for future discussion, please use the
tech-userlevel@netbsd.org mailing-list, as there are more people who have
a clue and that can help you.

 - Hubert

--