Subject: pkgsrc again.
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Alistair Crooks <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/15/1998 04:37:37
Following my exhortation to you all yesterday to remember to update the
package-related *.mk files, please forget what I wrote - I have today
changed the whole pkgsrc tree to use the package-related mk files in
the pkgsrc tree, which means that you do not have to install any files
before trying to use the pkgsrc tree.

I apologise to any of you who have to pay for the transmission costs of
the source-changes list across a slow modem.

To reflect the fact that this is the NetBSD packages collection, has been renamed to, and to

The individual package Makefiles have been modified to

	.include "../../mk/"

so the bsd.pkg*.mk files in the pkgsrc tree will be used
automatically. Thus no installation of package-related makefiles is

Matthias Scheler also reminded me that an updated
src/share/mk/ is necessary if you are using a -current pkgsrc
tree on a 1.3 system. The updated is in 1.3.1.

I'm sorry about the extensive changes, but we are now in a much better
situation - the pkgsrc tree is now always in sync with
and files, and we can thus co-ordinate any changes
easily. People can make distributions, picking up a -current pkgsrc
(always assuming that you follow Matthias' advice above).

Please could you report any bugs using send-pr, in the normal way.
(I don't foresee any, but you never know).