Subject: Re: "math" pkg category
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/11/1998 18:14:24
On 11-Apr-98 Hubert Feyrer spoke unto us all:
# On Fri, 10 Apr 1998, Ty Sarna wrote:

# I assume you speak about our pkgsrc/lang/py-Numeric pkg...
# it is the same as the FreeBSD ports/math/numpy pkg, right?
# I think we should really move it over, for maximal similarity w/ FreeBSD.

I think py-Numeric is a far better naming scheme than "numpy"  Its blatantly
obvious what py-Numeric is.. numpy sounds like a game or something..

# And while there mv graphics/gnuplot and x11/xplot there, too.
# Any objections?

Nope.. as long as you modify Xfinance to depend on math/gnuplot instead of

Tim Rightnour    -