Subject: Trying to compile solaris app for netbsd 1.3
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tim Rightnour <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/16/1998 07:23:04
I'm trying to port a package written for solaris to netbsd 1.3.  The name of
the package is glunix. (see

I've gotten pretty far.. but there is one part where it is trying to get
information out of a procfs.  It performs the following:

        if (ioctl(fd, PIOCPSINFO, &currproc) < 0) {
            (void) close(fd);

I'm not very familiar with procfs, and I couldn't find any other ioctl to map
this too, so I'm kindof at a loss here. Any suggestions at all as to what I
could do to make this work would be appreciated.  More code available on
reuqest.. (There are other problems in this file I need to resolve as well..
but I need to take a one thing at a time approach to something this tremendous.)

Tim Rightnour    -