Subject: Re: library man pages
To: Erik Bertelsen <>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/10/1998 16:18:12
On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, Erik Bertelsen wrote:

: .. Well, why not, then? I need a format, though. What would a new man
: .. page look like? The #include files are pretty natural -- this has to
: .. look "natural" to the reader too.
: I don't recall on which system, I saw it, but I seem to recall having seen
: the library information placed in the SYNOPSIS section in a format like
: the following:
:    cc ... -lm

This looks better and more natural than saying (, libm.a).  UnixWare
and Solaris do this one, for two systems as precedent.  ('Course, they are
both SVR4, but....)

===== Todd Vierling (Personal =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price