Subject: Re: port-i386/4651: Man page describing booting NetBSD from Wind
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG, tv@pobox.com>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/12/1997 17:21:18
In article <Pine.NEB.3.96.971212062724.4861C-100000@www.duh.org> you write:
> Should I go pull out SVR3 and tell you what the 1-letter codes "should" be?
> (Yes, UN*X has used single letters instead of numbers before; SVR3 used man
> catgories that were only letters.)  I still argue 7h to prevent a slip back
> into SVR3 style; I certainly wouldn't propose 1h or 8h because thse

Wait, weren't you just telling us about how you set up your system to be
more SysV-like? And now you're saying you don't want to do things the
SysV way... hmmm :-)

The fact that the is precedent in SVR3 makes my case stronger, not
weaker, I think.

> documents simply aren't commands (the basis for sections 1 and 8).

The basis for section 7 is stuff that doesn't deserve it'sown place. I
suggest that how-to's and such do deserve their own place. Further, having
a subcategory of misc seems logically wrong to me. Shouldn't misc be a
leaf by definition?