Subject: Re: cvs commit: src/lib/libc/db/hash hash_buf.c
To: None <"=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" (Andrey A.\>
From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/18/1996 18:39:15
In message <199610181723.VAA03022@nagual.ru>,
	"=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=" writes:
>>    The ONLY solution is to not allow coredumps of processes that might conta
>in
>> sensitive data. The change that was made to hash_buf.c should be backed out
>> and attempts should be made to ensure that the coredump won't happen in case
>> where sensitive data may be a problem.
>
>Well, personnaly I already saw at least 3 "back out" requests
>from core team members (including mine). How many I miss?
>I think it is enough amount to stop this discussion and really
>back it out.

Ah, yes.  I've been watching this thread with some amount of amusement, as
have other OpenBSD developers.

Yes, please back it out.  I would rather have OpenBSD remain the most secure
version of UNIX that money can't buy.

Thanks for your cooperation.

--
Jason Downs		   (503) 256-8535 -/- (503) 952-3749
downsj@teeny.org  --> teeny.org: Free Software for a Free Internet <--