Subject: Re: c++ vs. g++ front end
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/20/1996 20:08:42
>Date: Wed, 20 Mar 1996 14:05:06 -0800
>From: Jason Downs <downsj@teeny.org>

>It might help if NetBSD distributed the TeXinfo documentation for GNU
>software, and the utilities to read it.  There should have been a /usr/info
>(or, /usr/share/info with /usr/info being a symlink) a long time ago.  It has
>/usr/share/doc, after all.  If there's no reason to have /usr/share/info,
>there shouldn't be any reason to have /usr/share/doc-- I know I use
>/usr/share/doc a lot less then I use /usr/local/info.

I agree.  As a minimum, the texinfo documentation should be imported
for all of the GNU packages we use.  I don't think /usr/share/info or
texinfo reading/formatting tools are strictly necessary, but the
documentation itself is.  I don't want to have to download all of a
large package like gcc just to extract the texinfo documentation.
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>     <URL:http://www.shore.net/~mikel>