Subject: output filter for remote printers
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Francisco J. Ballesteros <nemo@gsyc.inf.uc3m.es>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/30/1996 17:59:09
Hi,

How do you set up an output filter for a remote printer in the NetBSD?

I've read the man pages and looked at sources for lpr and what I've
seen is that output filters are only applied (i.e. the pipe is set)
for local printers.

How do you face then with printers with a built-in printing queue? It
would be nice if you could simply specify an `of' for a remote printer
too.

Is there any plan to fix this? is there any gotcha I've missed and the
bsd printing service is capable of aplying output filters even when
the printer is remote? Any one out there with the same problem?

    -Nemo