Subject: Re: PR#726
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 01/14/1996 09:37:07
>> I think the correct fix is to remove /usr/local/man from the manpath
>> (and then close out the PR).
> I disagree.  The manpath is global; root's path is local to root.

Oh.  I misunderstood the original message; I took "the manpath" to
refer to a manpath set, privately to root, in root's startup file(s).

I'd still take /usr/local/man out of the manpath (and all other
references to /usr/local out of everything stock); attempting to
determine where local modifications will go strikes me as pointless.
But I do agree that it is decoupled from the PR in question.

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu