Subject: Re: Kerberos v5, beta 5
To: Gord Matzigkeit <gord@enci.ucalgary.ca>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/12/1995 18:55:25
> Indeed it does, but I've found that neither Kerberos nor NetBSD have
> full support in them for the other.  I've been rewriting parts of
> the NetBSD login program, as well as other utilities (as required)
> to use kerberos 5, when KERBEROS5 is defined.

The next beta of Kerberos 5 should build cleanly on NetBSD; two of the
student and one of the staff developers of Kerberos 5 are regular
NetBSD users, and the current source tree more or less works under
NetBSD.

As for the NetBSD side, Thor was talking about integrating Kerberos 5
into NetBSD once MIT has stable code... that might be a while, though.