Subject: Re: make rule changes
To: None <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/20/1995 11:09:46
>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 22:51:28 GMT
>From: christos@deshaw.com (Christos Zoulas)
>
>I was thinking of changing the lex and yacc rules in sys.mk, so that
>they work properly with parallel make. The lex changes are trivial and
>don't affect anything, but the yacc changes affect programs that need
>y.tab.h [i.e. they include y.tab.h, and this will rename the output to
>foo.tab.h]. I don't know how to do this in a less intrusive way...
>Any ideas?

If the source code #includes y.tab.h, then it must already be the case
that there is only one .y file used by that code.  If that were not
true, then the code is already broken:  How does it know which y.tab.h
it will get?  So no renaming should be necessary in this case.

Perhaps you could define a YRENAME variable which would determine
whether the output files are renamed or not.

Which utilities in the tree use multiple .l or .y files, anyway?
--
Mike Long <mike.long@analog.com>           http://www.shore.net/~mikel
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));