Subject: Re: make rule changes
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 10/20/1995 11:09:46
>Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 22:51:28 GMT
>From: (Christos Zoulas)
>I was thinking of changing the lex and yacc rules in, so that
>they work properly with parallel make. The lex changes are trivial and
>don't affect anything, but the yacc changes affect programs that need
> [i.e. they include, and this will rename the output to
>]. I don't know how to do this in a less intrusive way...
>Any ideas?

If the source code #includes, then it must already be the case
that there is only one .y file used by that code.  If that were not
true, then the code is already broken:  How does it know which
it will get?  So no renaming should be necessary in this case.

Perhaps you could define a YRENAME variable which would determine
whether the output files are renamed or not.

Which utilities in the tree use multiple .l or .y files, anyway?
Mike Long <>
VLSI Design Engineer         finger for PGP public key
Norwood, MA 02062 USA                assert(*this!=opinionof(Analog));