Subject: NetBSD GCC port
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Niklas Hallqvist <niklas@appli.se>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/11/1995 07:42:13
Hi,

As I've been doing extensive pre-2.7.1 testing, I've come to discover
that NetBSD has done some bugfixes never commited back at the FSF.  I
won't speculate on why this is so, instead I ask if there's a patch
set showing what we've done to GCC in our tree, or at least some
textual description, preferrably together with test-cases that failed
without our changes...

I've gotten almost all of NetBSD-current work with 2.7.1 on m68k,
except for ld.so, which requires some PIC tweaking.  When debugging
this I've found several PIC changes in our tree, one of which I've
just seen, not tripped upon.  This made me worry about losing other
fixes we have locally.

Niklas