Subject: getpw*() changes to support YP netgroups
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/14/1995 23:06:47
I now have a version of the passwd routines that support netgroups.
Unfortunately, the db format of the passwd file will change when I
commit them so things will break. The best way upgrade is to:
1. apply the patches
2. make && make install in pwd_mkdb
3. make && make install in libc [this will fail immediately after it
installs libc.so.12.3, because install will not be able to get users
by name anymore.
4. rebuild the passwd database.
5. reboot, so that old processes like inetd start working again
6. rebuild all statically linked binaries, and things that have to
do with passwds [chpass, etc].
Another idea would be to change the library version...
I am open to suggestions...
Thanks to Rolf Grossman for providing the initial version of the code
and motivating me to work on it, and to Charles for pointing out better
ways to do things.