Subject: Re: location of signal prototypes, etc.
To: None <, tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Nemeth <>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 05/28/1995 11:37:15
On May 27,  7:50pm, "J.T. Conklin" wrote:
} In the days before ANSI and POSIX, the signal functions were declared
} in <sys/signal.h> and many programs still use that header.
} But the functions declarations for most signal functions (in fact, all
} but signal() itself) have been moved to <signal.h> the NetBSD headers.
} So a program that still uses <sys/signal.h> won't get the benefit of
} those prototypes.  In fact, there are many NetBSD programs that still
} use <sys/signal.h>.
} I see several ways of handling this situation:
} 	* Merge <signal.h> and <sys/signal.h>; then make a symlink
} 	  between /usr/include/signal.h and /usr/include/sys/signal.h.

     I prefer this option.  I think we should maintain backwards
compatibility unless there is a very very good reason that we

}-- End of excerpt from "J.T. Conklin"