Subject: functions
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 04/05/1995 16:23:14
I implemented functions fp{get,set}{round,mask,sticky} for the i386
and the m68k last night.  It would be convenient if people familiar
with the other NetBSD architectures could provide their own
implementations.

I was thinking about creating a ieeefp directory under libc (and
likewise under libc/arch) instead of dropping them into gen.  This
continues the trend of putting the functions that described by a
header file in a directory of the same name.

Another logical candidate for the same treatment is a search
directory, which would contain the implementations for tsearch, tfind,
tdelete, twalk, lsearch, lfind, insque, and remque.  Some of those are
in libcompat at the present moment.  I consider that a mistake because
unlike the other functions in libcompat, there is no "better" or
"recommended" way to do those actions.

If anyone thinks that this is a horrendously bad idea, please speak up
and I'll put the new functions in libc/gen instead.

	--jtc