Subject: Re: programs that use but link against
To: J.T. Conklin <jconklin@netcom.com>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/28/1995 10:18:38
[ On Tue, February 28, 1995 at 00:41:53 (-0500), J.T. Conklin wrote: ]
> Subject: programs that use <regexp.h> but link against <regex.h>
>
> Does anyone have any reason why we should keep the V8 regex routines?

I'd suggest that POSIX compliant regex routines should be the default,
but that the V8 ones should be supplied in some manner.

I'm not too keen on Henry's regex routines though, since IMO they're
lacking in several respects.  I've not the time or energy just now to
exlain my opinion just now, but with sufficient encouragement I could
try soon....  Also, I'd really like to have a look at Henry's latest
code, and compare it to the other "versions" available, and the
specifications, before I commit myself any further.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>