Subject: select(2) question...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/13/1994 13:57:39
Well, I've asked several folks around here, read several manpages on the
subject, and still can't find the info that I need, so...

Select() can test for 3 conditions: ready for reads, ready for writes,
and the one that's got me stuck, ``exceptional conditions''.  Can someone
define the latter for me?  Specifically, I'm wondering if the
closing of a file descriptor during the selection process generates such
a condition.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

Jason R. Thorpe               thorpej@cs.orst.edu                 758-2003
OJGSE NERO Project               CSWest Room 5                    737-5567
Shared Computing Environment Group         http://www.cs.orst.edu/~thorpej

   "Morality and law are merely conventions adopted out of mutual fear."
		-- Plato