Subject: Re: should we replace the shell?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@cs.orst.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@kuma.web.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 12/07/1994 18:59:58
[ On Wed, December  7, 1994 at 14:35:30 (-0800), Jason Thorpe wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: should we replace the shell?
>
> Bash has long been used here as a substitute for ksh: i.e...

Bash smash!!!!!

Damn, but I wish this hadn't been turned into a discussion verging on a
flame war about shells!

Let's ditch sh completely, and convert NetBSD to use rc internally, and
provide a couple of free shells as add-on's!

But seriously folks, Ash is a perfectly good shell, and POSIX compliant,
or not, I'm not going to give it up, regardless of what might be shipped
as /bin/sh on NetBSD in the future.

Also, I will *NOT* use bash.  If anything, I'd use zsh.

--
						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734			VE3TCP		robohack!woods
Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; UniForum Canada <woods@uniforum.ca>