Re: What GNU triplet should be for mipsn64 (Re: mips64eb seems to be mostly 32-bit)

On Mon, Jul 05, 2021 at 07:17:01PM +0900, Rin Okuyama wrote:
> With the attached patch, some packages including python38 and perl5
> build successfully for me on my erlite.
>
> However, I'm not sure what GNU triplets should be for mipsn64e[bl].
>
> In the attached patch, I used mips64- and mips64el-unknown-netbsd for
> mipsn64eb and el, respectively. However, these are indistinguishable
> with conventional mips64e[bl] ones.

Sounds good, especially as they are identical to the FreeBSD choices
(IIU Warner correctly).

> IMO, mips64e[bl] should not really advertise themselves as mips64,
> since their userlands are n32. But it is too late to correct...

I don't think this needs to be distinguishable at the triplet level,
the code easily uses #ifdef _LP64 for it (and most makefiles really
don't or should not care).

Martin