Re: Fwd: GNU tools netbsd vs netbsdelf

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 01:35:13PM +0000, nia wrote:
> I don't see the reason for this change.

I don't see a reason for any change.

E.g. in my current $TOOLDIR/bin I see:

arm--netbsdelf-gcc
i486--netbsdelf-gcc
m68010--netbsdelf-gcc
m68k--netbsdelf-gcc
shle--netbsdelf-gcc
sparc--netbsdelf-gcc
vax--netbsdelf-gcc

Is any of those targets actually a reasonable target for Nixpkgs?

If so, I guess only the i486--netbsdelf-gcc would be of interest, and
knowing that it is exactly this (and we internally call it i386, and
everyone uses x86_64/amd64 anyway) certainly is prerequisite knowledge
and totaly unrelated to the historical nit of netbsd vs netbsdelf.

I guess I am missing something.

Martin