Re: ssl code going astray

On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 12:45:42AM +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:
 > I don't understand why at this point in the code the functions from
 > nss are preferred to the ones from openssl, or how to change that.

If they really have the same name, the ELF dynamic linker will pick
one of them more or less arbitrarily. You might be able to make it go
by rearranging the order of libraries on the link line, maybe, but
it'll break again if you look at it funny.

Ordinarily you can't create such broken executables because you get
duplicate symbols at link time, but I guess they've found a way to
avoid that and make it fail harder :-|

 > What is the "@@OPENSSL_1_1_0", could it be part of the problem?

That's a "symbol version". The thing linking to it should also be
tagged with the version if the executable's been linked properly.
I guess either it hasn't or something is using libdl in an unsuitable
way...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost