Re: [2/2 ABI and toolchain part] Support Raspberry Pi [0-3] in big-endian mode

Rin Okuyama <rokuyama.rk%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>So, I guess that mrg@ disabled swp{,b} for MULTIPROCESSOR not because
>instructions their-selves do not work, but because there are other
>problems for ARMv5 userland on MP environment. As Robert suggested in
>his previous message, multi-threaded applications for ARMv5 do not
>work on MP system. See port-arm/55704 by myself:

I did not intend to suggest that multi-threaded applications do not
work, just that running the base operating system would not test this.

I had not seen that ctfmerge(1) used threads.

Has the testcase in bug 55704 been run on an earmv7 system to check
whether it happens there as well as on aarch64 ?

I have built earmv5 packages on a multiprocessor earmv7hf system but
do not remember whether the earmv5 tree had been built with MKCTF
enabled.