Re: make: :% modifier (was: bmake bug with expanding pattern macro replacements)

Edgar Fuß <ef%math.uni-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:

> Just as a side note: Is it on purpose that the :% modifier is not documented?
> Or is it documented and I'm just blind?

What documentation are you talking about?

It is documented in POSIX (in mantis, since it will appear in issue-8) since some
years and it is documented in the application SunPro Make that introduced that
feature in January 1986 - 34 years ago... See e.g.:

	http://schilytools.sourceforge.net/man/man1/make.1s.html

near page 18.

Jörg

--