Re: llvm config

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 23:23:22 +0100
Robert Swindells <rjs%fdy2.co.uk@localhost> wrote:

> How does the configuration Triple for llvm get setup ?
>
> I have been trying to use lld from pkgsrc and it fails to run because
> the isOSNetBSD() test returns false. Adding some debug to print out
> the configuration string just returns "unknown".
>
> Does the native copy of llvm get this correct ? If so, are there patches
> that we should be adding to pkgsrc ?

Hi,

llvm does this by running config.guess from cmake and reading the result.
But, because it is a cmake package and not a GNU autoconf package
the pkgsrc CONFIG_{GUESS,SUB}_OVERRIDE logic does not kick in.

in the last part of pkgsrc/lang/llvm/Makefile there is a snippet
which manually overrides config.guess with the pkgsrc one which
is supposed to have correct platform detection.

Kind regards,
-Tobias