Re: Parallel make issue with RPI images

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 07:57:53PM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> we have a problem with src/distrib/evbarm/instkernel/instkernel/Makefile:
>
> it creates images bootable on RPI by transforming a kernel to a .bin (step 1)
> and then the .bin to a .img (step 2).
>
> MDSETTARGETS=
> .for i in ${BUILD_KERNELS:M*_INSTALL}
> .if ${i} == "RPI_INSTALL"
> MDSETTARGETS+=          ${i}    ${SSHRAMDISK}   netbsd-${i}
> MDSET_SUFFIXES.netbsd-${i}=     bin create-bin  img create-img

I ended up with having the main .for loop creating the MDSET_SUFFIXES indvidual
rules add a ${MDSET_xxxx.deps} dependency (usually undefined) and
specifying the right dependency in the RPI_INSTALL case in the individual
makefile. Slightly ugly, improvements welcome, but seems to work for now.

Martin