Re: Base GDB tracing 32bit applications on amd64 kernel (with 64bit debugger) part 1)

Le 17/07/2019 à 11:08, Manuel Bouyer a écrit :
On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 11:00:04AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
  - Xen is causing some problems here (as usual...). See process_write_regs(),
    we are resetting the ss/cs registers to the default values. Yet in
    cpu_setmcontext32 we suddenly don't care about resetting ss/cs to the
    default values. It's not clear to me which side is incorrect.

Cc'ing Manuel - can you check this, please?

I'm probably missing something. there's no Xen-specific code in
process_write_regs()

? There is a #ifdef XENPV in this very function.

The point was: there is an asymmetry between process_write_regs() and
cpu_setmcontext32(), because the former resets ss/cs, and the latter
does not. One side has to be incorrect, but it's not clear which.