Re: enable MKCOMPATX11

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 04:46:52PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> If we refer to a demand to get wine to work, it works and we are in the
> process of packaging it now and we need now MKCOMPATX11 to properly link
> compat32 dependencies in pkgsrc

I am not sure what value of "it works" you are using here. You mean you
are using it locally and the resulting binaries run fine against a
64bit X server? Just making sure there is no misunderstanding.

I'll happily enable it on the autobuilds for -current (and the ntbsd-9
branch) if:

 - we get realistic build timings and the impact is minor (the numbers
   listed here were in the noise, which sounds like soemthing went wrong).
   Again, just making sure, no blame on you zerous.
 - we know it builds and all set lists are correct (including MKDEBUG=yes
   and MKDEBUGLIB=yes).
 - the result is verified to have equivalent libs to the i386 build
   (i.e. all X libs are covered).
 - we have values for the size increase of the .iso (and total new size).

And yes, it would be enabled only for the amd64 build (this is easy, and
even preferably before the -9 branch).

Martin