Re: gcc8 and "fatal error: had to relocate PCH" with boost-libs

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018 at 04:38, <maya%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 07:39:50PM +0000, David Brownlee wrote:
> > I'm... slowly working my way through the gcc versions. Currently just
> > committed the config.host and pch changes into pkgsrc gcc6. I'm poking
> > at a couple of packages I need which don't compile under pkgsrc gcc6.
> > When I have everything working I'll reset and start the process again
> > with gcc7.. then 8... by which times gcc9 may be mainstream :-p
> >
> > David
>
> Go for upstream first and ignore pkgsrc gcc

Not entirely sure exactly what you're suggesting here - my thought was
to pretty much take the in-tree NetBSD gcc6 as a master and sync
pkgsrc with that, leaving the in tree gcc maintainer to push things
upstream. Or are you suggesting trying to upstream some changes
directly to gcc?

Thanks

David