Re: adding src/README.md

On 2018/10/10 11:58, Jason Thorpe wrote:
On Oct 10, 2018, at 3:23 AM, coypu%sdf.org@localhost wrote:

Let me know if you have any objections. I'd like to commit it soon.
<README.md>

I think this is great idea.

I agree that it is convenient for users of GitHub mirror. However,

- Why are you hurry to commit? README.md is first official document,
  which users from GitHub encounter. I think we should have more time
  before publishing it. Otherwise, it can mislead users.

- Why do you mention only CVS repository although it is intended for
  users of GitHub mirror? At least, the relation between CVS and
  GitHub mirror should be elucidated. Otherwise, users get confused.

- Why "VAX" and "M68k" are capitalized while "arm64" and "amd64" are
  not? Why don't you use "aarch64" instead of "arm64"? How do you
  choose options for build.sh (what happens if they don't have ~/obj)?
  etc.

IMO, tech-toolchain is not the most appropriate place for discussion.
Please send it to developers' internal list.

Thanks,
rin