Re: Add support for DT_RUNPATH in ld.elf_so?

On 28.11.2017 12:06, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:00:44AM +0000, maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
>> The internet claims that RUNPATH is more different than RPATH on
>> linux: http://blog.qt.io/blog/2011/10/28/rpath-and-runpath/
>
> Yes, it is very different there, but not here.
>
> Martin

So far the fallout from the first option is very small and this
compatibility issue is not restricted to NetBSD. Most GNU/Linux users
don't need it anyway with their dynamic loader.

We keep removing this tag in pkgsrc for at least SunOS and Darwin as well.