Re: nbawk: non-terminated string echo x86_6... at source line 73

    Date:        Wed, 22 Nov 2017 10:28:50 -0500
    From:        Andrew Cagney <andrew.cagney%gmail.com@localhost>

  | Something in the environment affecting make.

Another thought - we have seen something like this before (perhaps even
exactly this, though I thought the previous one might have been fixed)
which was triggered by use of -N to build.sh (with a high enough noise
value).

Any chance that your build.sh run was done with -N3 (or maybe even -N 2)
(or higher) ?

These little internal makefiles that are generated on the fly to obtain
info tend not to work with higher levels of noise enabled.

kre